Where Are We?
The beautiful red rose,
The magnificent blue ocean,
The rich starry sky,
The opulent green mountains,
The soft toes of the new-born...
Beauty, they define in wholeness
They never bank on your praises,
Truth, they radiate with such aplomb!
Where are we getting lost?
In our delusions we search for answers, never questioned!
Beautiful in our minds, but we perceive little,
Beggars we are, imprisoned in our blind pursuits,
Dwarfed in our conscience, and the ego speaks it all!
We seek for not the truth,
We are the eternal slaves of high ambitions-
Enemies we make, more than friends in our endeavors
Yes, we are slaves, slaves in an endless competition!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where Are We? by Husna Amin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- dancing politics, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Always Open, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Right choice, hasmukh amathalal
- Marriage and morals., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- For her age, hasmukh amathalal
- Old Hopes and New Shoes, Charles Hancock
- Pressure Of Racism, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Activities of life., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Wanderer at the hills of freedom, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Expressing Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak