WHERE IS SALVATION
Once the story was mirth and glory,
Of sweet memories and shared joy.
Peace ran deep in the family,
Life glowed everywhere, life smiled.
Today they are abandoned, an unwanted burden
Thrown down from their sweet homes
Nobody wants to see their faces any more
Their fate too burned in the husbands’ pyre.
No sympathy, no relief at old age home
Terrible pain and melancholy run after them
No peace ever peeps in their hearts
The wretched widows leave fate to the Lord
Children whom they reared, for whom they lived
For whom they saved all delights and dreams
These children turned to beasts, Motherhood cried
This suffering, these tears—widows awaiting death.
Who will show light to these widows?
Will they get an eternal salvation?
Will they be free from cycle of birth and death?
Are they only fated for flames of Varanasi?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHERE IS SALVATION by Bireswar Halder )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- 154. The Path Of Life, John Westlake
- OUR FALLEN LEAVES اوراقنا المتساقطة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Language, Our Friend, Sandra Feldman
- there's a pretty plum sky and then there.., Mandolyn ...
- Revealed, John Onyeme
- Groom is the Cadaver, Pintu Mahakul
- Sleep deprived, Matthew Holloway
- More Than Just Memories, David Whalen
- Legacy, Matthew Holloway
- EVERY ACTION HAS ITS REACTION لكل فعل رد.., MOHAMMAD SKATI