Lawrence S. Pertillar
Where To Locate The Evidence
One need not go to distances far,
To trap a rat with a doing to reveal...
Who deceives a trust.
And it should not be a prolonged mystery,
Where to locate the evidence.
'Remember what I told you to keep to yourself?
And you promised me you'd never tell anyone else? '
~Of course I remember.
You know me.~
'You have no idea.
Well, something else has come up.
And I know from my lips to your ears,
No one but 'you' will ever hear.'
~Oh please share.
You know what you tell me isn't going anywhere.~
You don't know how I hope not!
I am reluctant.
But I have no one else to tell.
My neighbor has begun to have wild sex parties.'
Didn't she just bury her husband weeks ago?
And isn't she in her seventies? ~
That's what I'm saying.
You would NEVER believe the ages,
Of the men AND women.
You should see them,
Parading back and forth through here.
Between 1 and 3 AM.~
Both men AND women?
What time was that? '
~Between 1 AND 3 AM.
But promise me you wont tell a soul.~
'You know me.
I aint about to say 'nuthin'.
That's much too hot.
Who would believe me? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where To Locate The Evidence by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- What's the half truth of half world, Aftab Alam
- A Polar Star to Show Your Way, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Walking Is a Way of Life, Frank Avon
- Sirpent, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- And then there were none, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Upstairs Witch, David Lewis Paget
- Breeze of love, SALINI NAIR
- Mt. Eden, Frank Avon
- I am in love with you, ambitious blessing
- Figurines, Mike Acker
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)