while i puff
...while i puff..
..that makes me cough...
...when the smoke from my cigarette billows..
...the space between death and me shallows..
..i take puff from my CIGARETTE joyfully..
..He laughs for he has started killing me softly..
..as the mouth of my cigarette becomes brightening red..
..i knowingly poison myself with more doses of lead..
..inhale in deeper my friend ' singay ' says...
..into the darkness my life further grays..
..i know i am heading for my doom...
..that makes me sink into depths of gloom..
..i wail why into this i strayed...
..bring me out of this..Oh Lord! ! ! ..i prayed..
..God lend me your hand if u really exist..
..kill this urge in me that has grown into a beast...
...slay it before it eats me making its feast..
...thts what i beg of u to do at least...
.still if in me grows again this ' satanic ' crave...
..show me where do i find my ' grave '...
Rigzin Namgyal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (while i puff by Rigzin Namgyal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Mending Wall, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Want A Foreigner Girl For Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blackberries / Briars, Frank Avon
- Daru Pikar Naya Varsha Shuru Karne Ka Er.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- It Is Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mother's Love, Father's Love, Sister's L.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 52, Frank Avon
- Treasure, M.J. Lemon
- For A Friend... (Prose) ..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Thank you Poets!, Paul Sebastian
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR