Joseph T. Renaldi
While We Slept
The light, fluffy snowflakes fell steadily overhead,
While we snuggled warmly in our beds.
The land is covered with a carpet of white,
And the wind roars with all its might.
The trees sparkle with glistening snow,
The landscape with its beauty is aglow.
The scene becomes worthy of a song
Many hearts know they are not wrong.
The Almighty touched this land this night,
Creating a spectacular winter sight.
While the frosty stars gathered overhead,
During this transformation we slept soundly in our beds.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (While We Slept by Joseph T. Renaldi )
Did you read them?
- Curse of the Burning Witch, David McLansky
- Kindly spare us, hasmukh amathalal
- " Change " it's our aspiration!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Women, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Desire, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Love You, Melika Gillard
- Firaq yar ko dagha..., Azhar Sabri
- Save Mother!, tolu ogundare
- சின்னச் சின்ன பையா வா!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Infinite journey., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
Kazi Nazrul Islam
(24 May 1899 - 29 August 1976)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
Robert Louis Stevenson
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
Dr PJ Raj Kamal