I haven't locked the door,
Nor lit the candles,
You don't know, don't care,
That tired I haven't the strength
To decide to go to bed.
Seeing the fields fade in
The sunset murk of pine-needles,
And to know all is lost,
That life is a cursed hell:
I've got drunk
On your voice in the doorway.
I was sure you'd come back.
Anna Akhmatova's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (White Night by Anna Akhmatova )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- From the Notebooks of Anne Verveine, Rosanna Warren
- Koffi II, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Way, Rosanna Warren
- 1st - known Std, sEaN nOrTh
- Mystery Lady, Edward Kofi Louis
- Man in Stream, Rosanna Warren
- Lardy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Purled and Plain, Diane Hine
- Soap And Skin, Edward Kofi Louis
- LOVE الحب, MOHAMMAD SKATI