Who Am I?
Who am I to judge others?
To be judged?
To be judged is the decision to precious for those of our kind to even be considered of having,
Who am I to have a family,
While others so much like me, have no one
No one to care for,
Who Am I to have friends?
Those who listen when the world is turning for the worst
and the sunshine is turning to rain
Who am I to love someone
When that someone doesn't love me
praying everyday that I just burn away and off to a place of unhappiness and hatred?
Who am I to wish for children
when the world is full of infants left on doorsteps, trashcans and orphanages?
Who am I to grow old and happy
when so many others die so many years before their time
to the cruel hands of others?
Who am I to die nice and warm
when others lose their lives on the cold hard streets of life and poverty?
Who am I if I went through it all
just to show the world how sick and twisted we really are...?
A Hero I become
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Am I? by Vallon Daniels )
- macarana, Cee Bea
- Gathering Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Casting Out My Worries To You, Monterio Hill
- The Initiation, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- Circular Cycle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unofficial Issues, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Closed, Annalee Hopkins Somerville
- Iridescent, Adriana Avila
- Arcadian, Kumarmani Mahakul
- A Hidden Angry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- First Lesson, Philip Booth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)