Who am I? Amee ke? Mai koun whoon?
Bhalobashte kaar permissoner dorkaar?
Jaante chaayee, Right to Information Act Amaar Odhikaar.
Chede Daao shob puraano kothaa,
Onek Holo tomaader Bangaalee prothaa,
Haan amee Bangaalee, kintu amee nuton,
Amee Robindro'r paakhee boteo,
Tobuo, alaaada, aar chironton,
Je bhabhe, mathe moydane,
Shobuj ghaash, jonmyo niye,
Haway, aar alor majhe,
Nuton ghor Gode tole,
Aamee o tor modhhe,
Ammar nijer nirjonotaar,
Ohonkarer mukh thubde,
Thoth dutee tor chushe,
Bolltam, Ameeo bangalee.
Love, whose permission it awaits?
I want to know, because the Right to Information Act is my constitutional Right.
Forget the chatter of past.
Enough of your Bengalee traditions.
Yes I am a Bengalee, but I am new,
I am Rabindro's bird but I am anew,
Just as in the parks and on open lands,
Green grass, gets birth,
Builds a new home,
I too within you,
With my own solitude,
Smashing the face of my ego's countenance,
Sucking lustily your two lips,
Whispered I too am a Bengalee,
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Who am I? Amee ke? Mai koun whoon? by Hardik Vaidya )
- Towards arth, hasmukh amathalal
- Rogue Russets, R. T. Smith
- Oxford Stroud Recollects Fishing with El.., R. T. Smith
- mounement, Rathna nagaraja
- Messenger, R. T. Smith
- MORNINGS GARMENT, Shannon Strauss
- Cowgirl, R. T. Smith
- Confession in a Booth at the Hollow Log .., R. T. Smith
- A Local Doc, over Rocky Lunchtime Bourbo.., R. T. Smith
- Please Know, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- First Lesson, Philip Booth
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)