Who Am I & Is It Merely A Guess?
“Who Am I” is not the question but it’s, “Who Are You? ”
What gives you the right to say I won’t make it through?
In the midnight hours when I’m facing the midnight sky,
Angelic soul of Lucifer’s lamb is not for you to ask why.
Shall I find my heart numbed as if forsaken by my bride?
Or might I forever be defined by your silly broken pride?
While the callous hearted groom smiling in her face lied,
Whereas, all his selfishness unlike mine is glory gone by.
And so, I question my existence from extreme sensitivity,
Ah ha! As it kills my calm desecrating sensual creativity,
Unforeseen darkness wraps like pit-vipers above the sky,
The hissing smell of morbid air is someone about to die?
Unfamiliarity heightens sensory perception igniting fears,
Now this seems to be very unfair, I call does anyone hear?
It echoes an unheard melody stricken by my worldly fame,
Tense, distress, full of tragedy who really knows my name?
Persistence is only acknowledge purely in the great beyond,
Yet we still preserve in the present, myself & Gulsher John,
A mandate for this creative journey, from Ohio to Pakistan?
Align with stars in the heavens, Amos 3: 3, we agree we can.
A battle filed of the mind is greater than actual war on earth,
As that is where it is determined what we are actually worth,
Did not David defeat Goliath and with less Armour to bear?
For equality has no bearing when God in our heart we wear.
Might all of my Quixote's schemes turn me into Satan’s flame?
”To build an El Dorado upon Hades` realm” one unholy shame?
Was it a Judas` kiss which brought to me nothing but this mess?
Will anyone ever decipher, “Who Am I & Is It Merely A Guess? ”
Luke Easter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Am I & Is It Merely A Guess? by Luke Easter )
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)