Jax Ann Newton
Who I Am NOW
Storms are crashing,
Waves are bashing my body against the rocks.
I wait for the end, when this darkness will end
But my hopes have been shattered again.
With a burst of light, my world turns white,
And all around me fades.
The world I knew so long ago returns,
Entrapping me with its palisades.
Passion burns deep and long,
I know that this is where I belong.
Not this place from my distant past,
But in my current role I’ve been cast.
To help the broken-hearted soar
On the wings that off of them had been torn.
-This is my calling. This is my life.-
Jax Ann Newton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who I Am NOW by Jax Ann Newton )
- It is time, Charity Nduhiu
- A Rainbow holder, Antonio Liao
- The Marketplace, Tony Adah
- Sailing Midnight, Steven Rhoads
- No one is, hasmukh amathalal
- Seizing The Arrears, Dexsta Ray
- I shall sing, hasmukh amathalal
- Thelo (1), Branden Aeling
- Why lord should look, hasmukh amathalal
- A to Z for You, Indranil Bit