No one really knows
Why we are all here,
Upon this minuscule ball
Within the atmosphere,
What is the point
Of living and dying?
And the human race to keep multiplying?
Creating fictional boundaries between Heaven and Hell,
In which the after life supposedly dwell,
No one really knows why we exist,
A mystery with an unanswerable twist,
How did life once start on earth?
Did we just appear or did 'GOD' give birth?
when did man first walk the land?
Will we ever understand?
So many questions left undone,
Unanswered since the dawning of time begun!
Will we ever really know?
What actually happened all those years ago?
Nick Jordan.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Knows? by Nick Jordan. )
- Royals Baseball Poem, Tom Zart
- Contemporary Indian English Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Silver Lining In The Sky., Tony Adah
- Night and Day, Rachel Nichols
- Prayer at 5: 30 a.m. by Robert E. Whelan.., Bill Grace
- स्रोद गोमोरदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Rules Of The Game., Tony Adah
- Rold Dahls Words Of Wow, Curtlan Popo
- Lovingkindness! ! ! Yes!, Mr. Nobody
- Poetry Consoles, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)