Theresa Ann Moore
Who’s in Charge?
Are you a marionette or a puppet?
Waiting to be manipulated or controlled…
Or do you have the spirit to take wing
Rather than relying on another to unfold
Who lifts your feet and guides your direction?
Do you have the courage to evaluate and decide?
Where is initiative when it is time to choose?
The power is inside; be confident in your stride
At times, being responsible can be frightening
The strength of your existence is being tested
Diligence leads to success, improving moral fiber
Often attempts are a rehearsal of time invested
When you reach your goal you’ll be very satisfied
Hang in there… follow your beliefs and dreams
Your voice will proclaim a feeling of achievement
Free from indebtedness to a puppeteer’s scheme
Theresa Ann Moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who’s in Charge? by Theresa Ann Moore )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Poem of the Day
- alphabet you two bucks you drive a truck, Mandolyn ...
- Open the floodgate.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- A Dream Of Death,, Luo Zhihai
- Feeling Your Spirit, Michael P. McParland
- Word, Birgitta Heikka
- Ganjaraja And His Associates/Ganjaraja W.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Royal Presidio Chapel, Monterey California, Steven Federle
- the apple of my I, Prophmatt . . .
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
- Sigh, Erwick Brandon