Theresa Ann Moore
Who’s in Charge?
Are you a marionette or a puppet?
Waiting to be manipulated or controlled…
Or do you have the spirit to take wing
Rather than relying on another to unfold
Who lifts your feet and guides your direction?
Do you have the courage to evaluate and decide?
Where is initiative when it is time to choose?
The power is inside; be confident in your stride
At times, being responsible can be frightening
The strength of your existence is being tested
Diligence leads to success, improving moral fiber
Often attempts are a rehearsal of time invested
When you reach your goal you’ll be very satisfied
Hang in there… follow your beliefs and dreams
Your voice will proclaim a feeling of achievement
Free from indebtedness to a puppeteer’s scheme
Theresa Ann Moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who’s in Charge? by Theresa Ann Moore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Question of the Metaphysical Squirrel, Eugene Levich
- She Met Three Interesting People In The .., Toshie Nohara
- Aketay Imetay, D.L. Aceves
- Celestial Musings, Chris Running Bear
- Fairy Tale Of Magical Worlds, Chris Running Bear
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul