WHO'S RINGING THAT BELL?
There was a time when my friends and neighbors were all alive and well,
But that was long ago before god started to ring his bell,
I’m not pleased about these events because my friends are now mostly dead,
How much time do I have left and in other words, how far ahead?
Logic and reasonable health says I might still have a few more years,
But no one in his right mind knows for sure and this could cause some fears,
And euthanasia or arranged death is strictly forbidden here,
Therefore I can’t schedule this dreadful event while the pompous leer.
No propositions or judicial reviews - nothing at all
But politicians in Ottawa don’t care nor do they at City Hall,
We have no binding referendums or plebiscites to wake them up,
They do a lot of talking and then they know how to screwup.
Nov 23rd 2010
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHO'S RINGING THAT BELL? by James Bredin )
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
- Annoyance Generator, Christopher Withers
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(3rd April 19sixty)