Who Specified this Beautiful Day
Who specified this beautiful day
with sky so blue and clouds that play,
high above the snow capped hills,
awaiting the burst of Daffodils,
Snowdrops, Hyacinth, Crocus too,
fillimg the air with scent anew?
Who specified the snow and frost?
Who causes the wind to blow? At what cost?
Who makes the lambs to skip and bleat
and take faltering steps on faltering feet?
Who specifies joy in the heart of man,
when he beholds as no other can?
Why! ! ! It's the Holy one who has specified all,
from Kingly great to lowly small.
It is He, who takes from his great store,
and bestows to men upon Earth's floor,
a bounteous green carpet rich and deep,
with meadow flowers a watch to keep,
The woodland trail, the babbling brook,
the lofty mountain with cranny and nook.
The ocean grand, the river wide,
with trees and bushes by the side,
more than all this He specifies Love,
not just on a throne from heaven above.
No He came down to show the way,
so that man can follow and joyfully say,
all glory to God, who specified days,
on Earth, in Heaven, and Holy ways.
So praise Him now with trembling heart,
the King who specified all from the start.
Adam Clarke's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Specified this Beautiful Day by Adam Clarke )
- Tear Stained Haiku, Patrick Czyz
- It Hurts When Your're Letting Go, Marvin Tordillos
- Where Is The Faith Kept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Were Never A No, Susan Lacovara
- Making change, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- My Home, Fatima Nusairat
- Strength is POWER!, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)