Who Specified this Beautiful Day
Who specified this beautiful day
with sky so blue and clouds that play,
high above the snow capped hills,
awaiting the burst of Daffodils,
Snowdrops, Hyacinth, Crocus too,
fillimg the air with scent anew?
Who specified the snow and frost?
Who causes the wind to blow? At what cost?
Who makes the lambs to skip and bleat
and take faltering steps on faltering feet?
Who specifies joy in the heart of man,
when he beholds as no other can?
Why! ! ! It's the Holy one who has specified all,
from Kingly great to lowly small.
It is He, who takes from his great store,
and bestows to men upon Earth's floor,
a bounteous green carpet rich and deep,
with meadow flowers a watch to keep,
The woodland trail, the babbling brook,
the lofty mountain with cranny and nook.
The ocean grand, the river wide,
with trees and bushes by the side,
more than all this He specifies Love,
not just on a throne from heaven above.
No He came down to show the way,
so that man can follow and joyfully say,
all glory to God, who specified days,
on Earth, in Heaven, and Holy ways.
So praise Him now with trembling heart,
the King who specified all from the start.
Adam Clarke's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Specified this Beautiful Day by Adam Clarke )
- It Made My Day.....(sigh), Kaila George
- Unsure About....., Kaila George
- Love, Joy, Trust & Respect, Tom Zart
- Change, Kaila George
- tempt, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Sasha said, Nassy Fesharaki
- With A Lifting Of My Leg, Is It Poetry
- Doom and Gloom, Nweke Emmanuel
- I have left my home, ramesh rai
- Turnips, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 April 1958)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)