Why? ? ?
Why you gave me wings to fly
While you kept me caged ever!
Why you tempted me with dreams
While you caged all my desires.
Why you kept me in light
While you made me walk through dark tunnels!
Why you gave me boat to sail
While took away my rowing oar
Why you gave me the beauty
While you took away the mirror from me.
Why you gave me freedom
While you fenced me with wall of thorns.
Why you gave me a beautiful life
While you bounded me with many restrictions.
Why you gave me blackboard to write
While you took away the chalk to write.
Why you gave me mouth to speak
While you kept my voice dumb forever.
Why you showed me the forbidden apple
While you gave me strict warning never to have!
Why you gave me so many questions to answer
I searched here and there but I couldn't find none!
Still You whisper in my ears
Life is Beautiful dear!
If you question me too much
I will take away your life!
So keep quiet and enjoy the life!
So sing along with me...
Life is Beautiful!
Life is wonderful!
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why? ? ? by Geetha Jayakumar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 February 1970-)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(22 March 1941 -)
Poem of the Day
- एक इंसा की खोज में, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- खुदाया मै तेरा हो ना सका, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- स्त्री भृण हत्या, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- DHARTI KI AUTI PARI, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya
- Rory Richards in His Pew, Francie Lynch
- आँखपन दे मुझको, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- समर्पित, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- On the run, Leong Ming Loong
- अभी और यहीं, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- My Love, How Are You? Are You Happy With.., Bijay Kant Dubey