Why do people die,
why do people cry.
Why do people grieve,
why do people always leave.
Why do people hide their emotions,
why do people do secret devotions.
Why do people hide their face,
why do people hate Gods grace.
Why do people hurt other people for the hurtful feeling of evil,
why do people act sad and when people ask, get mad.
Why do people do things for attention and always end up with tension.
why do people backstab their friends, all because of different bends.
Why do people love to hate all because of another fate.
And in the end, when i sigh,
All i can do is ask 'Why? '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHY? by kendra terry )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Exercises Of The Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Accounting For Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Best Is To Forget, Shalom Freedman
- Esta noche, Sergio Jaime
- My Pen Is Happy, King Happy
- All of The Above, King Happy
- In a Minute, King Happy
- Knowing and accepting, gajanan mishra
- Lady of Enigma, NimmyMAry Kurian