Paints her dying lips in cherry red
To conceal herself – Why?
Rage and Age
Couple privately by the beaten window
Beneath Destiny's life – Why?
Childhood's mirror on her wall hangs
In ancient worn twigs lined
To display her 'image' – Why?
Gazes she into herself
Within a depth of silver
With an aching crack
The Crack of Conformity
Her scarf ties
Around Childhood's frail neck.
It's knitted in a million knots
Just like Social Interaction herself!
Amy Marie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why by Amy Marie )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Defeat, Edgar Albert Guest
- People Like Him, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Bear Story, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Boy Enlists, Edgar Albert Guest
- My Lonely Guide, George Egba
- Exempt, Edgar Albert Guest
- Life, Cheryl Griffith
- The Rough Little Rascal, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Epicure, Edgar Albert Guest
- It Isn't Costly, Edgar Albert Guest