Lawrence S. Pertillar
Why Aren't They 'First' To Get The 'Real' News?
Doesn't it seem rather strange and unbelievable,
That those who proclaim loudly with attention to get...
Whether in conversations with people on the streets,
Or hob-nobbing in community activities...
Among others they greet socially,
Are 'also' the neighborhood gossipers who declare...
They wish someone would tell them what's going on.
And those listening to them begin to question,
Why aren't they 'first' to get the 'real' news?
Since they 'seem' to know more about everything else,
Than others do.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Aren't They 'First' To Get The 'Real' News? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Autistic Land (Sonnet), Maria Magdalena Biela
- Love is love....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ode, Morgan Michaels
- Milk, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A ROBBER'S UGLY ORDEALS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To meet each other, Tiku akp
- Maintain That Level Of Decorum, Ronell Warren Alman
- Hunter, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Sun Rise -The Hope, Aftab Alam
- The Road, Ruth Manning-Sanders