Why Do I Like You?
I'm sitting here wondering
I'm sitting here thinking
Thinking, wondering about you,
What it is about you that I like
And I can't seem to stop thinking
Of the endless things I like about you.
I'm caved in my little haven thinking
I like your lopsided smile, I like your laugh,
I like your simplicity, I like your lightheartedness,
I like your down to earth attitude
I like your adventurous spirit
I like your generosity and giving spirit.
And just when I think I've ran out of things
Things I like about you, then another thought pops in my head...
I like the way you take life as it comes,
I like your open mindedness,
I like your non judgmental attitude
I like the way you bring out your inner child
I like the way you are eager to learn and embrace new things.
I still keep thinking
I like the way your eyes light up
As you narrate about things that you like
In a spirited and animated way
I like the way you absorb in things
Even the nitty gritty details that most can't be bothered with
And that you remember them when necessary,
I like the way you can carry a deep conversation
I like your humor and that you don't take life too seriously.
Wait, there's still more things I like about you
That can't fit in this limited media
That can't all be said in a day, week, month or year
That can take a lifetime for me to say
Things that can only be appreciated forever
All this made me realize
That I like you, for you
And everything you are all about,
That I won't be running out of things
That make me like you that easily
And it made me realize
That you must be a very special person
For me to sit down and think and wonder
And come up with an endless list
Of all the reasons I like you, and more....
Mariah Rhoda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The guy who has opened my eyes and showed me it's possible to love someone unconditionally and unselfishly.
Comments about this poem (Why Do I Like You? by Mariah Rhoda )
Did you read them?
- RESULT: THE LAW OF CAUSE AND EFFECT, Dominic George
- A MASOCHISTIC SADIST TO A WOUNDED CHILD .., Dominic George
- MEN CAN'T WIN EVERYTHING, Dominic George
- TO THE PARADISE I WANT TO MARCH, Dominic George
- Uit de voegen, Madrason writer
- TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT I'M JUST TRYING TO A.., Dominic George
- NEARING THE FRONTIER (18 PG), Dominic George
- SELF ACCEPTANCE, Dominic George
- BREAKTHROUGH, Dominic George
- GUILT PREDICAMENT, Dominic George
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)