WHY DO I LOVE YOU SO?
Why Do I Love You So?
Written by: Wilfred Charles Mellers, Sunday, December 20,2009 in Pattaya, Thailnad @ 8: 46 AM
Why do I love you so?
I don’t know, but each day it grows
Why do I need you so much?
Why can’t I live without your touch?
Is it really true that you love me?
In your possession my hearts only key
The love I have is so profound
I cannot breathe when you are not around
My chest tightens and my heart is pounding
I close my eyes and you angels are surrounding
I cannot stand to see the day
My nights are filled with gloom and dismay
My very soul to you I’m revealing
A Life with you would be so appealing
You are all that I can think of
You are my first and only true love
Why do I feel the way I do?
Is it simply because I love you?
My love I hope you can sense
My world blessed with a sweet experience
The hole in my heart you have mended
My life now you have extended
Nursed my soul back to health and fitness
You are a goddess and I an eyewitness
I love you more than any other would
By hell’s fire I stand with you if I could
Sacrifice my life for you to use
My immortal soul to you I would not refuse
The choir sings as a church bell ring
An angel starts to sing
I the stricken now my heart is well
Hopelessly in love with you I have fell
You ask why do I feel the way I do?
You ask why do you illuminate my day too?
You ask why do I only think of you?
It is very simple my empress, my queen I love true
Wilfred Mellers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WHY DO I LOVE YOU SO? by Wilfred Mellers )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(8 October 1838 – 1 July 1905)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Cullen Bryant
(November 3, 1794 – June 12, 1878)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The may, Albert Basumatary
- where gloves meet skin, Mandolyn ...
- THE LAW, glen pugh
- A Butterfly Now, Kyle Schlicher
- To My Friend, A Sonnet, Luis Estable
- My Assignment.(limerick), BADMUS JUBRIL
- I Wait For You, Kyle Schlicher
- Busy man, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Where Love Falls, Kyle Schlicher
- You Are Like The Moon, Kyle Schlicher