Why Do My Thoughts All Turn to Despairing Possiblities Only?
Why do my thoughts all turn to despairing possibilities only?
Why do I feel so lost? So empty? So devoid of dream?
Why do I feel it has all ended for me?
And my life is about to turn to greater and greater difficulty
And smaller and smaller satisfaction?
Why does Lovelessness hurt more now?
Why do I fear my children’s greater distance,
And my inability to truly help them any longer?
Why do I feel so hopeless and so useless so old and so weary?
What is wrong with me this morning?
And will this now be my mood forever
Or will it be broken as it usually is
When I open the door and go into the morning light
And walk up the hill to Shul as fast as I can
With prayer to God in my mind?
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Do My Thoughts All Turn to Despairing Possiblities Only? by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I broke your heart, shubham sutar
- I APOLGIZE FOR YOU انا بعتذرلك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- art uncle jude, binod bastola
- happy birthday to you, shubham sutar
- Flying together, Nalini Chaturvedi
- fight back for you, shubham sutar
- Indulgence, Angela Khristin Brown
- Inspiration of Infancy, Chris Jax
- Assorted Interpretations, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Devil To Do A Deed, Lawrence S. Pertillar