Why Do You Kill The Night?
Why do you kill the night
with too much song?
Too many nights have passed
in silent lullabies...
Why do you sigh
when daybreak brings the dawn,
and mourn because the
night time song has gone?
Living in shadows – is this the way?
Bring yourself out from your shadows -
Come worship the new dawn and honor
the morn that brings new life to day.
Melek Yuzlu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Do You Kill The Night? by Melek Yuzlu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- To Be A Good Man Requires..., Luis Estable
- Between the lines, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Common Crow, Prasad Natarajan
- Silver Twine, Prasad Natarajan
- Concrete Fill, Prasad Natarajan
- Sonnet # 512, Luis Estable
- In born, hasmukh amathalal
- Sonnet # 511, Luis Estable
- Point for struggle, hasmukh amathalal
- Good lien, hasmukh amathalal