Why Do You Love Football?
Why do you love football?
What do you see in it?
Why not watch another sport
Like Rugby, Golf, or Cricket?
Well let me answer that my friend
And put your mind at rest
I love the beautiful game
Because it's simply the best
No other sport is as exciting
No other comes anywhere near
Football can create passion
And lots of atmosphere
It is loved all around the world
Most children kick a football
Rich kids, and poor kids
small kids, and some very tall
A good football match is a joy to watch
That's why thousands go to every game
When you get goals and lots of action
All the fans are so glad that they came
So yes my friend I do love football
It's by far the number one sport for me
So while you're watching Golf and Cricket
I'll be watching Match of the Day, or Man U F.C.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Do You Love Football? by Candy Simpson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Sleep deprived, Matthew Holloway
- More Than Just Memories, David Whalen
- Legacy, Matthew Holloway
- EVERY ACTION HAS ITS REACTION لكل فعل رد.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hatred Is Black, Rich Reitz
- EVERY ACTION ITS REACTION لكل فعل ردة فعله, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Happiness Is Gold, Rich Reitz
- Can't Go Home Again, Rich Reitz
- Seagull Halo, Saiom Shriver
- Don't Mean Nothin', Rich Reitz