Why Does He Scream?
He has it all.
A car. money. A job.
He sits in his car. Tears rolling down his cheeks.
It's cold out. But he doesn't feel the bitter winds Rollin in through his open windows.
He walks around like everything is ok
But in his heart he is being ripped apart.
Sure he is only 18. But has so many expectations on his shoulders.
He looks at his hands.
They are strong. But his heart is weak.
He looks at his picture of her in his wallet.
He knows she's gone. But only temporarily.
The look on his face is devistaging.
He wipes his tears away and walks to the tomb stone. Sits by her.
He starts screaming. 'Why? ! Why did you do this? ! Why did you go? ! '
Blaming himself he walks away.
The feeling overwhelming. No one can take this kind of grief.
But why scream? It isn't her fault. He just doesn't know that. He wants to blame someone or something
He targets himself. The lonesome in his heart
Lilliana Gomez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Does He Scream? by Lilliana Gomez )
- টিপ্পনী, Pijush Biswas
- You Put The 'Fan' In Fantastic, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Heartache, Liendang Hmar
- Paper Wing, Liendang Hmar
- Like a Candle In The Wind, Liendang Hmar
- Story Line, A.R Evangelista
- Make a living but fail not to live, Bashyam Narayanan
- The Price I Pay, James George
- Not alone, Cheryl .J Barclay
- May our friendship last forever;, Cheryl .J Barclay
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- " To His Fairest Valentine Mrs. A. L., Richard Lovelace
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- First Inspiration, Jose Rizal
- TAGALOG ELEGY: Sining sa Halip na Dasal, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Lydia Howard Huntley Sigourney
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1644 - 1694)