Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
Why Have YOU Awoken Me?
I need a verse and then another,
And then a third, and a fourth and fifth,
To write this poem in praise of THEE,
Then to my bed ~ to return to my sleep.
Why, Dear LORD, have YOU awoken me?
With much pain in my left leg,
Could not these lines wait until the morning,
When I would be fresh after my sleep?
The pain is slowly dissipating,
As I sit in my wheelchair writing this,
Soon I shall no longer feel it,
Then back to my bed to return to my sleep.
Now, I know the reason, LORD,
As this Poem is different now,
Written in Scan but with no Rhyme,
Still praising YOU while I can.
Thank YOU LORD for waking me,
For putting words upon my pad,
For showing me how to write in blank verse,
Which is not so bad.
Copyright [c] Jonathan Goldman [JGthepoet] - 23 July 2014
Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet's Other Poems
Topic(s): blank verse
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Have YOU Awoken Me? by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet )
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher
- Jungle of the English Language, Ken e Hall