Why Is Puppy Love So Easy
Why is loving a puppy so easy?
And real love so damn hard?
Is it just a simple sad case
Of a heart that’s humanly scarred.
Its easy to hold a pup close
And let it sit on your knee
But when it comes to human contact
its doesn’t seem to be for me.
Is it because a puppy is submissive?
Or maybe its because it cant speak
Is it because I don’t have to do much
Besides give it a good walk once a weak
I know it makes me think about love
And why it makes me run a mile
The fact that I am aware of it
Has even caused me to smile.
I will not see it as a negative.
Just a reminder that I still know how to love
And for that opportunity.
I will thanks the Big Man above
I will take the love I feel for my puppy
And give some of it to me
Then once I have healed that scarred heart
I will go on a giving love spree
I will give it to those who deserve it
I wont throw it around Willy Nilly
I may have been love numb
But most certainly far from silly.
Anna Travers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Is Puppy Love So Easy by Anna Travers )
- Love implicit, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Thanksgiving, ramesh rai
- Thanksgiving Day 2014 For Jakie, Shalom Freedman
- Think Alike, Naveed Akram
- The Gods and Heaven.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- The Troubled Box, Naveed Akram
- Colored, Caylin stansberry
- Leave, gajanan mishra
- The beauty of a poet, gajanan mishra
- Two legs animal, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)