Why Is Puppy Love So Easy
Why is loving a puppy so easy?
And real love so damn hard?
Is it just a simple sad case
Of a heart that’s humanly scarred.
Its easy to hold a pup close
And let it sit on your knee
But when it comes to human contact
its doesn’t seem to be for me.
Is it because a puppy is submissive?
Or maybe its because it cant speak
Is it because I don’t have to do much
Besides give it a good walk once a weak
I know it makes me think about love
And why it makes me run a mile
The fact that I am aware of it
Has even caused me to smile.
I will not see it as a negative.
Just a reminder that I still know how to love
And for that opportunity.
I will thanks the Big Man above
I will take the love I feel for my puppy
And give some of it to me
Then once I have healed that scarred heart
I will go on a giving love spree
I will give it to those who deserve it
I wont throw it around Willy Nilly
I may have been love numb
But most certainly far from silly.
Anna Travers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Is Puppy Love So Easy by Anna Travers )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
Poem of the Day
- Fred Claus Got It Right, Mr. Nobody
- Taron, Pariyon Ke Desh Meri Chandramukhi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Chandramukhi, I Haven't Seen You For So .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Becoming An Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chosen Path, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I've Killed, Mr. Nobody
- Treasuring Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flair, douglas scotney
- Feel the pain, gajanan mishra
- Inhaling Breaths Of Words, RoseAnn V. Shawiak