Why Is Puppy Love So Easy
Why is loving a puppy so easy?
And real love so damn hard?
Is it just a simple sad case
Of a heart that’s humanly scarred.
Its easy to hold a pup close
And let it sit on your knee
But when it comes to human contact
its doesn’t seem to be for me.
Is it because a puppy is submissive?
Or maybe its because it cant speak
Is it because I don’t have to do much
Besides give it a good walk once a weak
I know it makes me think about love
And why it makes me run a mile
The fact that I am aware of it
Has even caused me to smile.
I will not see it as a negative.
Just a reminder that I still know how to love
And for that opportunity.
I will thanks the Big Man above
I will take the love I feel for my puppy
And give some of it to me
Then once I have healed that scarred heart
I will go on a giving love spree
I will give it to those who deserve it
I wont throw it around Willy Nilly
I may have been love numb
But most certainly far from silly.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Is Puppy Love So Easy by Anna Travers )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Vows Broken, The Zentire World Missed L.., Monk E. Biz
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham
- No se amor, Sergio Jaime
- Haiku: Colored Perceptions, Brian Johnston
- Poppy and Moppy, Brian P FitzGerald
- 'Nightmare of 'Annabel Lee', Shania K. Younce
- I heard him, Nassy Fesharaki