Why The Snow Melts
Hiding my sight
Behind the collective shadows
Of falling snowflakes.
Staring at the overcast,
Reflected on the ice.
Grey, except for the sky scrapers
Blinking their exit signs
In the frozen wake.
At the bars,
Faces scowl their wrinkles of shame.
Like the lovers they fantasize about.
In nostalgic taste
That resembles whiskey.
I’m not hiding.
This is capitalism.
This is holiday cheer.
As the children
Are wishing for greed.
I’ll do the same.
The differences that come with age
Are cursed by experience.
I lust for the ignorance and curiosity
Rather than the knowledge of existence
And why the snow melts.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why The Snow Melts by A.j. Binash )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I'm Explaining a Few Things, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Expressly For A Friend..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Welcome Love, Sari Mavi
- Wrongdoing, Leong Ming Loong
- Beyond Emerald City...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Many Buffalomen & The Bullock-cartmen To.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Raucous, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The resting place, Emmanuel George Cefai
- History writes, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Bihar of The Third-class People (Not All.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A chapel dilapidated, Emmanuel George Cefai