Why Wont This Die?
I'm over this.
Why can't we be together?
I need to embrace this.
Blinded for so long.
Taking off the mask...
At last I see,
You fear them finding.
Take my hand now,
Ill show you how you
Brighten my life.
In this new world,
Your all that seems to matter.
You put back together all that i shattered.
As you rip off what you mended
Leaving a mark
From the hand of a killer.
I listened to the words he said,
But knew they were lies deep within my head.
Now he leaves my insides cold and grey,
Shall i have nothing left but to prey?
I turned away
To find my foot prints of a time
When i should have runaway,
But i found myself to stay.
You dont even know how far this is gone,
And yet i cant discribe what i know is wrong.
I flew too high and
Burnt my wing.
My tear drops on the fire,
But the flame grows higher.
You close the doors of all we could have done
And all we could have been.
To reopen the doors that never fully closed
And knowing exactly where they'll take you.
In my heart youll never leave me,
Will you please come back and
Your not my savior,
But i still dont go.
You abuse the fact of
I can never say no.
For what i can only miss.
Left without that kiss.
I see me hurt in your eyes,
Not such a surprise.
Only mad at myself for eating the lies.
Touching you makes me feel so alive.
Touching you makes me die inside.
I feel no hope in what you decide,
And now im only left to the side.
This feels like something that ive been seen before.
I could fake it but i still want more.
I left so many others,
But i could never leave you.
And im scared to admit that
I Love You.
You will forever stay remained,
As i am forever gunna be stained.
kayla mcmillin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Wont This Die? by kayla mcmillin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
Poem of the Day
- Nobody, maryline vautravers
- Textology - 3. Mistakes, Joseph Archer
- Your smile, Leong Ming Loong
- everything is ok, Cee Bea
- मेरी तनहाइयां..............., sanjay kumar maurya
- Curses Of Much, Naveed Akram
- Colors of Our Love, Saliah Jabbar
- witness, Cee Bea
- It Was Delightfully Cold, Naveed Akram
- DUAL ROLE, MBJ Pancras