Why You love me so much so? ? ?
I have tried to find out why you are so good to me Lord even when i have been so undeserving. I have failed You, failed myself so many times. Did the wrong things, said the wrong things, and followed the wrong crowd but still in Your mercy, You never let me go.
I have wondered about why You choose to listen to me and hear me out when almost always i have unconsciously chosen to ignore You. Why Lord? Why do you Love me so much? Why do You do all that You do inspit of all that i do? Why do You choose to not ignore me? Why do you choose to not cast away. I know Your name is mercy but truth is there is only so much a person can take. Have i not angered You enough? Have i not been unfaithful enough for you to loose your temper and flare out? Have i not been unworthy enough with my sins that i keep going back to time and time again? Lord, Why, why, why do You love me so much.
Sometimes, all i do is just think about it and You let me have it. At other times, all i do is just say it and you make it come to pass. Some other folks pray their lives away and still linger in their tribulations, but You dont let me have that. You dont let me fall without providing a soft ground for me. I have been through situations that i think would have called for a 911. Been through situations i couldnt ever have predicted a way out but somehow Lord...somehow You are just always there with a torch, lighting my path. Now, how do You say thank You to someone who's never given up on You. Whose eyes is all over and has so many to take care of but will never let this one man slip by.
How do you thank a God who never gives up on this one man. How do i Lord, thank You for the undeserving breaks You give me. So lost in my thoughts and so lost thinking about why You choose me. Maybe someday, I would know, maybe not, but i just wanted to let you know that my appreciation reaches from my heart unto the heaven. My appreciation knows no bounds for all that You have done for me and continue to do. I could never thank You enough. I could never appreciate you enough but that You know, that i know that it has been only You. I say thank You Lord. I am grateful.
OLUMIDE FAMILUSI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why You love me so much so? ? ? by OLUMIDE FAMILUSI )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Mark Strand
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- When I Die, Kelly Shanks
- Butterflies, Michael P. McParland
- Buckeye Fever Sweeping Terror Over Thier.., Michael P. McParland
- Breaking Free, Michael P. McParland
- Brand New Start, Michael P. McParland
- Bipolar Type 1, Michael P. McParland
- Bipolar, Michael P. McParland
- An Interior Waltz, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Better, Michael P. McParland
- Believe It Or Not, Michael P. McParland