Saiom Shriver (Ohio)
In violation of Christ's canons
A saint...was declared Willibrord
after innocent animals he gored
Instead of being canonized
animals wanted him cannonized.
Poet Other Poems
- 01 Volume 1 A Short Poems
- 01 Volume 1 B Short Poems
- 01 Volume 1 C Short Poems
- 01 Volume 1 D Short Poems
- 01 Volume 2 Short Poems
- 02 Brief Fragments Of Longer Sea Poems
- 02 Flowers Trees And Plants
- 02 Forgiveness 108 Longer Poems
- 02 Seapoems Longer
- 03 Love Poems
- 04 Joy's Underground Streams Inside All
- 05 The Magnetism Of Positive Thought
- 06 Peace
- 07 Grace In Every Place
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
http: //www.dioceseofshrewsbury.org/ (Nov 7)
As they returned their ship was by the wind blown offcourse and landed on Heligoland, an island deemed sacred by inhabitants who maintained silence and who prohibited the killing of any living being.
Provocatively, St Willibrord set about baptising people in a loud voice and slaughtered a number of animals.