Willing warriors seldom fight a battle,
They have the young and the poor.
Oft times they congealed in a well-lit room,
Reading maps strutting floor.
They will never see the front-lines;
They will never lose a limb.
The dispossessed are ordered
To fight for spices
To fight for oil
To fight when a hard wind blows.
The uninitiated are seduced
To fight for honor,
To fight for country
While they pack the loot.
So what if innocent blood shed?
There is a fancy word to described that.
So what if nations are plundered?
There is a scripture to justify that.
So what if girls and women are raped?
They will blame the victims.
IT'S THE BUSINESS OF CONTEMPORARY WARS.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Willing Warriors by Buxton Shippy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Better New Days, Rinji Kwarkas
- When KKK is Gay, Jack Abootydallah
- Oak Tree where The Black Birds Sleep, Lilly Emery
- Superman, Olusegun Akanbi
- الذبابة الزرقاء, Abdullah alHemaidy
- What, Olusegun Akanbi
- Pervola, Elia Michael
- RAMADAN رمضان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 'SNATCHING OF THE GOAT', guy lipmore
- OUT OF DESTROYED BUILDINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI