Kesav Venkat Easwaran
*Window (Free Verse)
The raindrops started leaving the eves-line
A window opened on the facing line
I found them all alone inside four walls
The breeze carried to me their words- no brawls
Did he ask her nobody loved him why?
Did she keep silent? Few moments passed by
(I saw a lightning splash in the sky)
Did he repeat, on this earth so, why?
Did I find her look deep into his eyes?
(I heard a thunder roll down the sky)
Did she ask him if he recognized a heart?
Did I find his eyes pierce her heart apart?
(I heard a hooligan wind pass by)
The rain suddenly started pouring high
The window and the words got liquefied
I switched off the screen
Locked the window inside
To retain the impact
Of the storm behind
Kesav Venkat Easwaran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*Window (Free Verse) by Kesav Venkat Easwaran )
- Love implicit, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Thanksgiving, ramesh rai
- Thanksgiving Day 2014 For Jakie, Shalom Freedman
- Think Alike, Naveed Akram
- The Gods and Heaven.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- The Troubled Box, Naveed Akram
- Colored, Caylin stansberry
- Leave, gajanan mishra
- The beauty of a poet, gajanan mishra
- Two legs animal, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)