Winning a lottery(A funny story)
Santa was Falling un hard times.He went to pray to the god'Oh god! I have lost my house and my wife and children are starving, please help me by letting me win the lottery1'
The lottery occured but another man won
Santa again prays to god the next day'Haven't I been faitful to you, please help me god, otherwise I will loose all my items and my children are already sick'
The next day another man wins the lottery....
Santa prays again' Oh lord! Do you want me to see in such pain and agony, My wife is ha; f-dead and my children are down with fever, please let me win the lottery..'
Afte rthese words there was a rumbling sound from the sky and a voice boomed'Idiot! Buy the darned lottery ticket first! '
Edwin Drood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Winning a lottery(A funny story) by Edwin Drood )
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
- The ache, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Ein schmaler Streifen kahler Klippen, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We've Got to Tear These Fences Down Yeah!, David Clinch
- It's My Home, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In the Sun's Falsetto, Kewayne Wadley
- A Poem, David Clinch
- Caught In the Crossfire, David Clinch
- Lonnie Donegan Stood, David Clinch
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)