Ernest Christopher Dowson
Love wine and beauty and the spring,
While wine is red and spring is here,
And through the almond blossoms ring
The dove-like voices of thy Dear.
Love wine and spring and beauty while
The wine hath flavour and spring masks
Her treachery in so soft a smile
That none may think of toil and tasks.
But when spring goes on hurrying feet,
Look not thy sorrow in the eyes,
And bless thy freedom from thy sweet:
This is the wisdom of the wise.
Ernest Christopher Dowson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wisdom by Ernest Christopher Dowson )
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry
- Paleolithic Mermaid, Robert Rorabeck
- For truth only, gajanan mishra
- Clouds Out To Lunch, Robert Rorabeck
- Trouble, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Those Living Deluded, Lawrence S. Pertillar