Let's go to the green steps of the lawn
And do the sums of life there sitting down
If we want only profits and no losses
And all the losses turn into profits
And all the profits turn into losses
Then the scale of life, of course, dis-balances
This leads us not in paradises but, of course, in hells.
It seems to be small whatever things we gained
It seems to be big whatever things we lost
If all the lost things are gained
And all the gained things are lost
Then life is not, at a gain but definitely at a loss.
If the profits are the blissful graces
Then the losses are not less than the spices
Whatever we do on the steps sitting
All these are not sums but a bargaining
This Leads us nowhere but to do mistakes
In this we never do profits but always do losses.
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wisdom by Abdul Wahab )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Fallout from the War on Women, Donal Mahoney
- ETERNALITY, Satish Verma
- Rape, gajanan mishra
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan
- Do not leave us, Sadiqullah Khan
- Regal Grace, Sadiqullah Khan
- Another Lesson Learned, Danielle Mari Nidea
- A Birthday Wish, Adonis Enricuso