Let's go to the green steps of the lawn
And do the sums of life there sitting down
If we want only profits and no losses
And all the losses turn into profits
And all the profits turn into losses
Then the scale of life, of course, dis-balances
This leads us not in paradises but, of course, in hells.
It seems to be small whatever things we gained
It seems to be big whatever things we lost
If all the lost things are gained
And all the gained things are lost
Then life is not, at a gain but definitely at a loss.
If the profits are the blissful graces
Then the losses are not less than the spices
Whatever we do on the steps sitting
All these are not sums but a bargaining
This Leads us nowhere but to do mistakes
In this we never do profits but always do losses.
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wisdom by Abdul Wahab )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- let me write a poetry for you, Bobby yadav
- friendship! !, Bobby yadav
- The day i saw you first, Bobby yadav
- God is, Ryan Brodesser
- If this is the end, Bobby yadav
- Crow and fox., bjpafa Almeida
- dream of a friend, Bobby yadav
- depth of sadness, Bobby yadav
- Tan distante, Sergio Jaime
- Missing Him, tallulah montegue