Always love as though you will be gone tomorrow,
Time isn't something you can get back or borrow.
It's always better to be kind than right,
Or alone in that bed you'll suffer at night.
Over something stupid or very little,
Love, faith and trust can become very brittle.
Toxic and volatile your words can become,
Fighting and feuding until one day its done.
Now heed my warnings and don't hold back,
Be honest and loving or your marriage will crack.
If you continue a life that's not the truth,
My marriage has failed do you want the proof.
They'll put up with it for a little while,
But one day, they won't hide behind that smile.
And all their resentment and all their pain,
will target you with an amazing aim.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Wisely Listen by Carl Browne )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- To Join You, Edward Kofi Louis
- The real wasteland, Peter Hall
- Known In This Town, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Veil, Peter Hall
- You Made Me A Fool, Edward Kofi Louis
- Only aim, gajanan mishra
- The Wheelchair Butterfly, James Tate
- Crickets, Jayatissa Liyanage
- I can feel your love, Jesus James Llorico
- Grabbing The Winds, Edward Kofi Louis