Wish to be a firefly
I wish I was a firefly
so that you could catch me in your jar...
and I could light your world, just for a while...
till I died in ur arms.
I'll enter ur window left open,
when u have a lonely, breezy moment,
and I would spray some magical healing dust..
on ur tiring palms.
I'd build up d courage to get closer...
and whisper sweet words in your ear..
and hope you see me in ur dreams,
to put a smile on ur face.
I'd also leave my tear drop..
on ur beating heart..
and hope u will miss me when I am dying,
safely tucked in ur embrace.
I'll then wish I am reborn,
as a firefly yet again...
and I'd come running back to you,
as u'd set me back to light.
I will fight against all odds,
I wud defy logic too..
and I'd know you would help me sparkle n shine,
so I could meet you another loving night.
Radhika Karia's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wish to be a firefly by Radhika Karia )
- Beauty of The Wolf, Kaylin Garrett
- There, Barbara Dixion
- Humpty-Dumpty, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Of Life Is Change, Is It Poetry
- Chicken Burger, Angela Wybrow
- Take me home, Barbara Dixion
- How...?, Ginny Gibbs
- gustakhi karke ched gyin uski aankhein, Yashvardhan Goel
- mukda, Yashvardhan Goel
- No More Yelling, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(October 2, 1879 – August 2, 1955)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)