Wish to be a firefly
I wish I was a firefly
so that you could catch me in your jar...
and I could light your world, just for a while...
till I died in ur arms.
I'll enter ur window left open,
when u have a lonely, breezy moment,
and I would spray some magical healing dust..
on ur tiring palms.
I'd build up d courage to get closer...
and whisper sweet words in your ear..
and hope you see me in ur dreams,
to put a smile on ur face.
I'd also leave my tear drop..
on ur beating heart..
and hope u will miss me when I am dying,
safely tucked in ur embrace.
I'll then wish I am reborn,
as a firefly yet again...
and I'd come running back to you,
as u'd set me back to light.
I will fight against all odds,
I wud defy logic too..
and I'd know you would help me sparkle n shine,
so I could meet you another loving night.
Radhika Karia's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wish to be a firefly by Radhika Karia )
- SHADOWS, Donald R Charon
- Crying Bee, Steve Kittell
- Walk the Walk, Donald R Charon
- To Smile Even In Sadness, Rohit Sapra
- In secrets, gajanan mishra
- A-DOODLE-DO, Donald R Charon
- Nostalgia- Song of the Expatriate, S.zaynub Kamoonpuri
- Wipes off obloquy, gajanan mishra
- Beloved of Bronze Skin, Donald R Charon
- a dead sea scroll unrolled, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)