Wish to be a firefly
I wish I was a firefly
so that you could catch me in your jar...
and I could light your world, just for a while...
till I died in ur arms.
I'll enter ur window left open,
when u have a lonely, breezy moment,
and I would spray some magical healing dust..
on ur tiring palms.
I'd build up d courage to get closer...
and whisper sweet words in your ear..
and hope you see me in ur dreams,
to put a smile on ur face.
I'd also leave my tear drop..
on ur beating heart..
and hope u will miss me when I am dying,
safely tucked in ur embrace.
I'll then wish I am reborn,
as a firefly yet again...
and I'd come running back to you,
as u'd set me back to light.
I will fight against all odds,
I wud defy logic too..
and I'd know you would help me sparkle n shine,
so I could meet you another loving night.
Radhika Karia's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wish to be a firefly by Radhika Karia )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 19, 1942)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(22 July 1849 – 19 November 1887)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Deflowered Idea..., Luana Del Lobo
- Do You Love Me?, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Jo Tum Aa Jaate Ek Bar, Mahadevi Varma
- 'Hands up, Don't Shoot' Haiku for Michae.., Chenou Liu