Wish to be a firefly
I wish I was a firefly
so that you could catch me in your jar...
and I could light your world, just for a while...
till I died in ur arms.
I'll enter ur window left open,
when u have a lonely, breezy moment,
and I would spray some magical healing dust..
on ur tiring palms.
I'd build up d courage to get closer...
and whisper sweet words in your ear..
and hope you see me in ur dreams,
to put a smile on ur face.
I'd also leave my tear drop..
on ur beating heart..
and hope u will miss me when I am dying,
safely tucked in ur embrace.
I'll then wish I am reborn,
as a firefly yet again...
and I'd come running back to you,
as u'd set me back to light.
I will fight against all odds,
I wud defy logic too..
and I'd know you would help me sparkle n shine,
so I could meet you another loving night.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wish to be a firefly by Radhika Karia )
- Complete homes, hasmukh amathalal
- Landfill, Phil Soar
- W-a-t-c-h! Fury online movie free full s.., afandi azhaa
- Inadequacy (Depression), Avuyile 'Avue' Maseko
- Sonnet: To My Doctor Boss, Dr John Celes
- Awakening, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Ours, Neela Nath
- Abstinence, Angela K Brown
- It Makes You Sad, mary douglas
- Let light be, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(15 April 1958)