Lawrence S. Pertillar
With A Hint Of Audacious Pretense
I find it hysterical.
And with a hint of audacious pretense,
That those with a dare...
To depict themselves as legends,
Sat on fences as those who truly pioneered...
Removed obstacles from paths before they were paved.
To ensure a safe passage to allow those too afraid,
For what may appear to now have those paths cleared.
And they call themselves legends?
Those who will never experience,
What it takes to have backbone and journey alone.
But people like this creating their own myths,
Stay satisfied deceiving with lies...
In the hope that truth can be kept disguised.
Or a masquerading to charade a comfort to embellish,
Keeps those who research the actual facts...
Laughing at a lack of an absence of their integrity.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (With A Hint Of Audacious Pretense by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Sometimes I Cry, Lilly Emery
- MEDUSA, Lilly Emery
- The Exile, Rishi Kaul
- Bitter Sweet, Lilly Emery
- Strip unfinnished, lee fones
- Will You Love Me When I'm Old, Lilly Emery
- You Won't Let Me, Heather Burns
- Love Is The Flame, Lilly Emery
- A HERE WE PART و من هنا نفترق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Fading Into Yesterday, Heather Burns