With The Twinkle Of First Sight (Rubaiyat Sonnet)
With the twinkle of first sight in their eye
a flaming star soared across the sky
as it shined with its own new light
and in only a wink it did pass by.
What a strange kind of thing it was to some,
as they thought that a time of joy had come
as the star had brought a kind of good news,
and led wise men away from home.
In every birth of a child on this earth
there is a kind of hope, a kind of worth,
the promise of passing on love and life
of a kind of warmth far beyond the hearth;
that great miracle of a small girl or a boy,
who will at a time either build or destroy.
Gert Strydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (With The Twinkle Of First Sight (Rubaiyat Sonnet) by Gert Strydom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Hooker Nadine Gordimer, Richard Thripp
- swallow, mina lotfi
- hey ass-wipe, i love you, Mandolyn ...
- The Mystery Of Word, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Men who see no day, Zimba Sundrogo
- Handsome and king, hasmukh amathalal
- Stoned by sadness, Nalini Chaturvedi
- The Goodness of a Life-mate (Section-6 .., rajendran muthiah
- Heart to, hasmukh amathalal
- An Ode to my Tree, Kelly Curiel