Ace Of Black Hearts
Dear sir, we hate to inform you.
But your check is being withheld for the following reasons.
The first is it cost more to live then you make.
The second is we are no longer writing dead beats like you checks.
Third you are just not greedy or desperate enough.
Ambition is good you know, when is the last time you cut someones throat?
Congratulation to the fact that you allowed us to enslave you to this treacherous job.
It is not work hard and you'll get a lot further.
It is no matter what you do you are still going to starve.
Here's your favorite dish of ham and beans with no meat or bone just a lot of artificial flavoring.
Take your tiny portion in your tiny cup and don't forget the lick it clean.
After all it is better then bread and water.
If you don't like our current generosity, mail in a heartfelt letter and we promise we will get to it long after you dead.
Hell we might even give something to someone claiming to be you.
It is just how the system works.
Don't ask us why, because we might know, but we definitely don't care.
Poverty is but a mirage of snares.
How can you really prove it is you who live there.
Far as were concerned there has to be first acknowledgement of your existence in the first place.
You have neither wealth, nor name.
Prominence an invention that has yet to be tamed.
As much as you feel degraded by what we have all said, imagine how we feel giving you the time of day.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Withheld Check by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- The Gamekeeper, David Lewis Paget
- Observing Teenagers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Promises, Saul hernandez
- Love Speaks in Silence, Paul Sebastian
- The Ideal Wife, Paul Sebastian
- Then ever it would really you are not e.., Yuri Starostin
- Judicially, hasmukh amathalal
- ACCENT, Terry Collett
- Passion, Suresh Dogra
- Joy and peace, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- A Parody on “A Psalm of Life”, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)