Ace Of Black Hearts
Dear sir, we hate to inform you.
But your check is being withheld for the following reasons.
The first is it cost more to live then you make.
The second is we are no longer writing dead beats like you checks.
Third you are just not greedy or desperate enough.
Ambition is good you know, when is the last time you cut someones throat?
Congratulation to the fact that you allowed us to enslave you to this treacherous job.
It is not work hard and you'll get a lot further.
It is no matter what you do you are still going to starve.
Here's your favorite dish of ham and beans with no meat or bone just a lot of artificial flavoring.
Take your tiny portion in your tiny cup and don't forget the lick it clean.
After all it is better then bread and water.
If you don't like our current generosity, mail in a heartfelt letter and we promise we will get to it long after you dead.
Hell we might even give something to someone claiming to be you.
It is just how the system works.
Don't ask us why, because we might know, but we definitely don't care.
Poverty is but a mirage of snares.
How can you really prove it is you who live there.
Far as were concerned there has to be first acknowledgement of your existence in the first place.
You have neither wealth, nor name.
Prominence an invention that has yet to be tamed.
As much as you feel degraded by what we have all said, imagine how we feel giving you the time of day.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Withheld Check by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- As You Laid There, GJG Elton
- At the market..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- Below, Frank Avon
- God's own..., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- 2 Fast And The Furious, Mark Harper
- midnight dream, Cee Bea
- know you are there...., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- You Are Your Wish, Gbolagade Taiwo
- a small stop...., Ganesh Veeraraghavan
- Id est, Frank Avon