As I traversed the earth shores
I heard many say they love
Yet no one bears another's burdens
Each scramble for his own
Where then is the love?
I have slept in king's palaces
I heard kings claiming to love
Yet the estates of the subjects are acquired
The kings get richer
While the masses are beleaguered.
Wither is the love?
I have dined with the rich
Who claimed to love the poor
Yet the measuring scales are adjusted
To make more profits
In order to own the world alone.
Is this the true love?
I have seen couples
Highly entwined in love
Yet when whirlwind blows
Each is blown away differently
Like a shaff before the wind.
Hey! What a love!
Yes, I have seen alot
Once jolly friends becoming harsh enemies
I have seen colleagues plant together,
During harvest period each turned ferocious
And virulently scrambled for God-given fruits.
What love is this?
I have seen soldiers in espirit de corps
But when battle rages, comradeship fizzles out.
I have witnessed nations signed accords
Yet enters in trenches
Shedding the blood of innocent citizens.
Is this love?
Yet, many still proclaim love
No one wants to tolerate
No one wants to sacrifice
No one wants to be the Lamb
No one wants to be like the Master
All is without love
The world craves for real love now.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Without Love by Babatunde Aremu )
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 February 1970-)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Charm invests a face, Emily Dickinson
- In The Forest, Sarojini Naidu
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- An English Girl, So Beautiful And Lovely!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Peace, hafiz qasim
- While Strolling Down the Beach Today, Kenn Nesbitt
- I Am A Don, I Am A Don. Yes, Boss, You A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- In a Nutshell, hafiz qasim
- Rapture, Robert Dana
- Love's Just Like That, Kevin John Racaza
- Moments, Kevin John Racaza
- English Culture Cannot Be Multi-Culti, Bijay Kant Dubey
- It's Nothing, Kevin John Racaza