Dr. Yogesh Sharma
India is a wonderful nation,
Here Indians are insulted
But foreigners are respected,
Here Hindus are snubbed,
But minorities are nurtured.
Here patriots are offended,
But terrorists are flattered.
Here natives are hounded,
But intruders are welcomed.
Here honest are defeated,
But corrupt rule the nation.
Here merit is mocked,
But UN-meritorious gets quotas.
Here disciplined get intimidated,
But rogues roam fearlessly.
Here SRKs are above law,
But saints are booked.
Here justice is injustice,
And injustice is justice.
Here stone dargahas get cozy chaders,
But living souls roam naked in streets.
Here Sufi baba, pester, imams get trillions,
But aged parents die penniless.
Here secularism is communal-ism,
But communal-ism is secularism.
Dr. Yogesh Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (WONDERFUL INDIA by Dr. Yogesh Sharma )
- 3, Smoky Hoss
- Soul Holes, Smoky Hoss
- Magic of Indian Democracy, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ...and am loving it, Manonton Dalan
- There is yet Hope, Smoky Hoss
- Beauty And The Beholder, hugh everard
- Black Rose, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Joyful Is Life With Colours, Rohit Sapra
- Ferguson and Law Enforcement, Is It Poetry
- आज फिर तेरी याद आई हैं, Kahil Mehar
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)