Atsiylah Atty Garfinkel
Wondering of the road not taken
>Do you ever wonder about that 'road not taken'?
Where would you be if your path was the other?
If you had gone on that trip to Europe that year,
if you had gone with the band would you be another?
Or is our fate already chosen, are we here to stay?
Can we cut fates cords by our choices each day?
If I'd taken that road trip, or stayed in school,
if I'd married someone else, if I'd obeyed the rules.
Who are we to say this wasn't part of the plan,
I believe my life and fate is in God's hand.
I don't know what it is He wants from me,
but if I wait, I bet I'll get where I'm supposed to be.
Do you ever wonder about the 'road not taken'?
Is this life really ours for the making?
Atsiylah Atty Garfinkel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wondering of the road not taken by Atsiylah Atty Garfinkel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Resurrection, Naveed Khalid
- The Wind, the Sun and the Moon, Anne Stevenson
- On Going Deaf, Anne Stevenson
- In the Orchard, Anne Stevenson
- THINKING OF YOCHANA, Terry Collett
- Poem for a Daughter, Anne Stevenson
- Nivedhitha is a nice girl!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- COPLA 90 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- My crude attempt to assess her happiness, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Making Poetry, Anne Stevenson