'I like you, but i'm not yet ready'
It was like a lonely melody...
That night when you said those words,
I cried while eating a pack of nerds.
'I love you, but the feeling's not enough'
I wasn't happy, but you made me laugh
by then, i knew that i needed to be tough
Cause unlike you, my love is more than just enough.
'You're the only one, you alone'
those words did not change the melody's tone
you made our love story like the moon,
everyone knows it's there, but never at noon.
I'm moving on with this journey called life
Cause loving you is like being stabbed by a knife
and so i choose to be free from all the pain
Those endless agonies i feel when i'm in vain.
You said you love me, but that's all you've got
Words without proof, i get that a lot
I'm sorry i'm tired, and no longer have the guts
to still believe in your words, that're totally nuts!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (words by nijhako dibo )
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard
- You're My Favorite Fix, Lilly Emery
- COURAGE, LOVE & OBEDIENCE, Tom Zart
- You Are My Everything, Lilly Emery
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Fish Waves Beneath The Waves, Saiom Shriver
- The Transcendental At Worthington Lake, Harry Freeman
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- Sometimes I Cry, Lilly Emery