'I like you, but i'm not yet ready'
It was like a lonely melody...
That night when you said those words,
I cried while eating a pack of nerds.
'I love you, but the feeling's not enough'
I wasn't happy, but you made me laugh
by then, i knew that i needed to be tough
Cause unlike you, my love is more than just enough.
'You're the only one, you alone'
those words did not change the melody's tone
you made our love story like the moon,
everyone knows it's there, but never at noon.
I'm moving on with this journey called life
Cause loving you is like being stabbed by a knife
and so i choose to be free from all the pain
Those endless agonies i feel when i'm in vain.
You said you love me, but that's all you've got
Words without proof, i get that a lot
I'm sorry i'm tired, and no longer have the guts
to still believe in your words, that're totally nuts!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (words by nijhako dibo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- *Darling Dove, C. P. Sharma
- *The Divine Blessings - For Jen Walls an.., C. P. Sharma
- Bittersweet, Kelly Curiel
- The American Dream, Lilly Emery
- *Rumi Speaks, C. P. Sharma
- Destiny Misplaced, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- *Stray Thoughts, C. P. Sharma
- Shame-Shame Israel, Aftab Alam
- Paths Of Childhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- lips of flower, Aftab Alam