Work Weary Man
This shovelling concrete is a bore
I feel tired can't take much more
All this working like a slave
Will ge me an early grave.
My time has come to quit
I have had enough of it
I and hard work don't agree
Shovelling concrete is too hard for me.
That pig headed foreman shouting
Day after day he's mouthing
The man doesn't know where to stop
He would drive you till you drop.
The manager has made it clear
He doesn't want Workers Union here
Says Unions commit the sin
Of spoiling working men.
I will give notice today
And on friday draw my weeks back pay
Give my bones a rest from toil
And take it easy for awhile.
Poet Other Poems
- 01-Of 01 Of 07
- A Ballad Of Clifton Hill
- A Ballad Of The Bayswater Hotel
- A Ballad Of Wasted Years
- A Beautiful Day
- A Beautiful Day In December
- A Beautiful Day In October
- A Beautiful Day In Winter
- A Beautiful Day Of Twenty Five Degrees
- A Beautiful Evening
- A Beautiful Evening Of Sunshine And Bree...
- A Beautiful March Day
- A Beautiful Morning In May
- A Beautiful Night In September
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.