World Of Darkness
As a purple blanket unfurls,
time comes to standstill,
with languidly waning,
golden arc upon the hill.
lengthening of shadows,
presaging sinister night,
baleful echoes of sorrow,
pervading bedimmed lights.
In the precincts of darkness,
where the living quails,
resurrects the world of dead,
like eternally sleeping snails.
Epitaphs gathering dust,
as the tears finally go dry.
Memories seem to rust,
as the sands of time slip by.
Lifeless bodies grinning,
rejoicing freedom of soul,
or grimacing with seering pain,
of emotions going cold.
Withering away corpse,
with remnants of only bones
Is this life after death,
verily for the sins to atone?
Akshaya Pawasker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (World Of Darkness by Akshaya Pawasker )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- It, Gilbert Ortega
- The Approach, Gilbert Ortega
- Mona Lisa Canvas, Gilbert Ortega
- Passion Play, Gilbert Ortega
- The Gatekeeper part 2 (In memory of Edga.., Gilbert Ortega
- AGAINST FORGETTING, George Dee Vuy
- The Gatekeeper part 1 (In memory of Edga.., Gilbert Ortega
- For Jennifer, Gilbert Ortega
- Gilded Thorns, Gilbert Ortega
- Journey of death, ramesh rai