Writing a poem
Poems are not an invention of our mind,
They are strewn all around, all we need to do is find.
We don't need ideas to write poems,
We need an open mind to see an instant of a moment.
It's like being in an elevator with a woman you don't know,
Her perfume wafts the pores of your soul,
In real life you would just be, or if adventurous take a peek,
If a Knight do chit chat, with the shining tounge and the gift of gab,
But a poet what shall he do?
Kiss her and eat her alive,
From head to toe live with her a life time,
Till you reach your floor, leaving her gasping for more,
And before she knows what's in store,
The lifts doors close,
She is alone,
And her perfume lies in you for evermore.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Writing a poem by Hardik Vaidya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poetry: A Small Fighting Bulldog, Laijon Liu
- Lights connect to each other, Mohammad Siddiqui
- My silent cry echoes through the universe, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Love keeps flowering and sometimes, Gert Strydom
- We sit on a balcony, Gert Strydom
- Cheap Shots, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- COPLA 69 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Days When The Darkness Is Greater Than T.., Shalom Freedman
- STORM IN A TEACUP, Philo Yan
- Never take anybody, gajanan mishra