- - - Yell - O! (Ghazal)
Not much comes to mind now as I think of something yellow
Except that Beetle Song that happens to mention yellow.
I do not care to cite a certain bird I know by name
Which of all living colors has a belly gleaming yellow
And how can I forget the time that youthful Dorothy
Sauntered with her friends along that road whose bricks were yellow.
So how am I to continue and finish this poem piece
If I can’t conjure more things which know the color yellow?
Let me see — are there fruits I know with that color? .
Is it a lemon that’s lemon colored or all yellow?
As I now recall, I can see there being in the fields
Some flowers still growing wild and proud of beaming yellow.
And last of all, I want to close with one fulfilling thought.
I wish to be the one who hears that harvest moon yell, O!
- October 5,2009
Published online Dec.21,2009 by The Ghazal Page in the Color Radif Challenge Issue. Go to: http: //www.ghazalpage.net/
Ben Gieske's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (- - - Yell - O! (Ghazal) by Ben Gieske )
- Why Must There Be Dragonflies?, Stephen Warren Williams
- Enough is Enough!, Shaila Touchton
- For Boy George (The First Time I Saw You), Dave Alan Walker
- Acceptance, Barbara Dixion
- The Pendulum of Life, bryan wallace
- Sentiments Of Love, Louis Borgo
- Forever Free, courtney metcalf
- Rage Against the Machine, Amber Hardisty
- Out, Barbara Dixion
- Raindrop Ambitions, Ailill Ailill
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1644 - 1694)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1927)