You are my escape.
I cannot write a song,
or say a word,
that would do you justice,
you do not require,
i watch the sunset every night,
and stare at the stars still within sight,
i've seen the way the people stare,
and i see them everywhere.
i often question why i am,
is my existence purposeful,
but then i think about you're wonders and i cry because,
you're the most of anything anyone could ever have,
and in this world,
I'm humbled by your calmness here, .
you lift the pressures of the world,
and i can give it all to you,
all to you,
that's what I'll do,
You are amazing and you're perfect in your silent ways,
you've shown me how to say nothing at all,
but say everything,
within your silent grace.
And i understand what i never have,
and i understand what you've done,
who you are,
why you are,
without any explanation at all.
I breathe for you,
i speak in your language,
My tongue twists and speaks words i do not know,
but it is our speak,
our peaceful way of escape,
you are my escape,
you are my escape.
Sandra jacks's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You are my escape. by Sandra jacks )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Persimmon Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- The read., Meena Somasundaram
- Time is Time, Juliet Languedoc
- The Garbage Is Collected On Thursday, Kyle Schlicher
- Are The Girls For To Be Sold & Bought?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Thirteen, Kyle Schlicher
- A strong strife!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I.H.Rizvi As A Romantic Indian English P.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Life In A Beer Commercial, Kyle Schlicher