You're Useless, Days...
You're useless, days! The earthly world will never
Change its used games!
We know them all, and our future, clever,
Predicts the same.
And not in vain you seethed and tossed in hurry
To live and grow,
Before the body, you engraved your fit, so starry,
My frenzied soul!
And having closed long ago the narrow circuit
Of worldly sense,
You drowse under breathe of dreams, recurrent;
But the body, else
Observes the day's dawn, aimlessly supplanting
Again the night,
The fruitless evening, dully plunging, -
The day's end, blunt.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You're Useless, Days... by Yevgeny Baratynsky )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- lavender and roadkill, Ben Paynter
- Is mother universal, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Not Yet, I Am Krakatoa
- दङ आंहा सिमां, Ronjoy Brahma
- He Was Who He Was, Frieda Risvold
- CPI(M) Comrades & Cadres, The Muscle-men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The CPI(M) Only Knows Its Men, Only See.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- नोँनि थाखायनो आं मेगन मोदै जानांबाय सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- Many Third-class Men As University Teach.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Marvelous Floating Bookshop and Virt.., mary douglas