You're Useless, Days...
You're useless, days! The earthly world will never
Change its used games!
We know them all, and our future, clever,
Predicts the same.
And not in vain you seethed and tossed in hurry
To live and grow,
Before the body, you engraved your fit, so starry,
My frenzied soul!
And having closed long ago the narrow circuit
Of worldly sense,
You drowse under breathe of dreams, recurrent;
But the body, else
Observes the day's dawn, aimlessly supplanting
Again the night,
The fruitless evening, dully plunging, -
The day's end, blunt.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You're Useless, Days... by Yevgeny Baratynsky )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Reflections, Nero CaroZiv
- The shadow in my garden, Piyush Dey
- Something and something, gajanan mishra
- OUR PAINS AND OUR SUFFERINGS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colors Of The Rainbow, Anthony Daniels
- Hiccup, binod bastola
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- poetic shenanigans, lee fones