You're Useless, Days...
You're useless, days! The earthly world will never
Change its used games!
We know them all, and our future, clever,
Predicts the same.
And not in vain you seethed and tossed in hurry
To live and grow,
Before the body, you engraved your fit, so starry,
My frenzied soul!
And having closed long ago the narrow circuit
Of worldly sense,
You drowse under breathe of dreams, recurrent;
But the body, else
Observes the day's dawn, aimlessly supplanting
Again the night,
The fruitless evening, dully plunging, -
The day's end, blunt.
Yevgeny Baratynsky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You're Useless, Days... by Yevgeny Baratynsky )
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery